I suggest you ...

Pinned tabs

Let user 'pin' tabs that should be always visible at top of tab bar. These wouldn't be affected by the scrollbar, but would be collapsible like other groups. See mockup after collapsing: http://tinyurl.com/tk-mockup-collapsedpinnedtabs These would be persistent across sessions, and workspace-independent (once those are implemented).

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JomelAdminJomel (Admin, Tab Kit) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LythandeLythande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked this idea when I watched your presentation, but wonder how it would be implemented in multirows on top.

@mtlaube Not really sure what protection a protected tab gets in TK, as I've never tried it.

• mtlaubemtlaube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is also related to my "Add protect page to protect tab" feature request, depending on how it is implemented. Add the fact that it handles the "Add an option to open links (for a specific tab only) to a new subtab" request, a combined feature would now have 13 votes!

Cheers.

PS. Be sure to see my code.google.com request # 29 for more details and an offer for help with documentation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base