I suggest you ...

Better shortcuts to manually group tabs

Ctrl+Click tab to add any tab to the current group (moving it adjacent to the group if necessary, and creating a new group if the current tab was ungrouped), unless the clicked tab was already in the current group, in which case it is removed from the group (and moved out of the group if not already on the edge). Shift+Click tab to make a group from all tabs between the current and clicked tab inclusive (if the current tab was already in a group, any group tabs that aren't between the current and clicked tabs will stay in their old group instead of joining the new group). These are similar to the way selections work in lists. Finally, Shift+drag over a range of tabs to group that range of tabs.

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JomelAdminJomel (Admin, Tab Kit) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pshutepshute commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be inappropriate to add control+"add new tab" to this request? It should create the new tab as a subtab of the current tab. That falls under the category of manual grouping, doesn't it, and might remove the necessity for some of the moving of tabs that I currently have to do. Otherwise I'm forever right clicking and then selecting Tab Kit then New Tab Here.

• woowoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this feature in Tree-Style Tabs and would love to see something similar. It performs nicely, allowing groups to be formed and re-ordered by dragging tabs up and down the tree, but there aren't any commands to manually adjust parents of a group unless you're closing tabs to force new parents, which would be welcome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base