I suggest you ...

advanced colouring of tabs

Highlight tabs opened from the parent tab that belongs to some group, with different color.

For example: you open 3 links from tab A and get 3 tabs - lets call them B,C,D. All four tabs get coloured green, for example.
Then you go to tab C and open link from tab C and get tab C1.
So it would be nice to highlight tabs C and C1 differently - for example, color half of the tab green, half of the tab blue.

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaa1aaa1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • beroalberoal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am afraid then tabs will look like randomly coloured. Then colouring will be meaningless.

• yawfleyawfle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting for this rather than starting a new, more specific topic, but what I'd like to specifically emphasize is compatibility with a light-on-dark color scheme (system, not theme). Even without really elaborate customization, it would be nice if I could chose to have light text on the tabs, since making them darker in the preferences doesn't work very well if the text is always black... and the arbitrary black-on-yellow for unread is just plain maddening under these conditions. ;)

Even without being able to fully enjoy all the coloring features, I find this add-on brings much joy and I don't think I'll be going back to that other tab enhancer. Really nice work, thank you.

• woowoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to customize the appearance of tabs, namely the colors per domain, shades of colors used (both similar to ColorfulTabs), the choice of highlighted colors as well as color of text and style (unread tabs italicized, current tab bold/underlined. Those are some of the only features I miss about Tab Mix Plus, which Tab Kit has beat in every other way.

Feedback and Knowledge Base